CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Winter


She is in a season of winter..not just because the season on the calendar is winter, but because SHE IS...all of her, shrouded in ice where the warmth of the sun does not reach her...her soul...she is far away from the giver of life..light...warmth. Jesus is missing from her conscience, or so it seems. While she knows that He is embedded in her..in her very soul...she has pushed Him into a box..one of the boxes that she stores there, in her somewhat, sometimes twisted soul. He can reach her, if she allows it...why is she not allowing it? She feels lost...smothered, encased in ice. One night there was freezing rain on earth. When she awoke in the morning she looked outside at the trees...each and every branch and twig was covered with ice...she thought.."thats me...I am the branch" While the tree and branches are still alive, they look dead...dead and freezing cold..no warmth..there is pain there. Only dim light, all around. She is not numb...she feels the frosty bite of winter...she feels it not only physically, but in her soul. What happens to trees when they are encased in ice...she wonders. Does the life giving sap that courses throught the branches...get hard?...almost like her life blood?

"Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it" Genesis 28:16

Surely He is...and she is not aware. She has read and believes that He is in the midst of EVERYTHING...not just this thing or that thing...or maybe just a little...NO...HE IS...fully in everything. Why can't she feel it? Perhaps she is not looking. Why does she take her eyes off of Him?...especially when she knos He is the giver of light and life and love. She needs Him to carry her...Now..she needs to feel His loving arms wrapped tightly around her. She needs to feel His warmth and love. She tries to get this from the humans He has put in her life..and they can't do the job. Some of them are very close...they are the ones that He has equipped for this. Others have no idea how to give her what she so desparately needs..and how could they? He is the one and only who can give her everything that she needs... He does...she just doesn't know how to tap into it. Please Lord...help her to look only to you for these things that she desparately needs.

5 comments:

vicki said...

Great post Jane. So expressive.

Jackie Q said...

To recognize something is to have the problem half solved. I have so many times blindly continued in loneliness or bitterness and when it finally lifted, through no help on my part, I was relieved. If I would have just said "I am lost" God would have gladly put a path before me.

Remember the ice is actually life giving water. It is only frozen because of the environment. God's environment is warm and wonderful. R e a c h for it. Stand on your tippy toes if you have to. It's really high, but it is so worth stretching to grasp it. Sometimes it even falls to ya, and you just got catch it and hold on to it, like it's the footfall at the Superbowl...

deb said...

This is beautiful and challenging.

jesusbikerfreak said...

Eyes drawn tight; straining out the darkness; tossing and turning; oblivious to His presence standing watch over me. A gentle hand lay upon me, feeling the rise and fall of my breath; sensing the warmth and the life within me. He is the author of my dreams yet his soft caress goes unnoticed as I wrestle intently with my nightmares. My mind is so noisy I can barely hear the whisper that causes me to slowly awaken from my deep and restless sleep. The light of a new dawn cuts through the darkness that attempts to obscure Him; opening my eyes to His glorious smile.

Jane said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! JesusBikerFreak...great writing..you should continue to share!